Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter & Good News

Hey everyone! This past week has been great. It was one of the most hectic weeks of my life, but maybe the most rewarding since I have been here at Emory & Henry. I, along with my good friend Rachel Preston, were elected President and Vice-President of the student body. It is going to be a large undertaking but I feel as if it will be well worth it. Our campaign picture is at the bottom of this post.

I leave for Ecuador exactly 4 weeks from today. I am getting slightly nervous. I need to make it a point to sit down and learn a little bit more Spanish. I found some podcasts on iTunes and I have been learning some from them. Although, the man teaching it is scottish and he has a strong accent and pronounces it differently than what I as an American would pronounce the words. It is helping me to learn greetings and such though.

I have a busy couple of weeks ahead of me. Most of my upper level classes are not requiring me to take a final exam. Only two of my five classes I have final exams for. Most people would be excited about this, but with no final exam comes multiple long papers and projects. They are all due about exactly two weeks from now. I'm leaving this Thursday to go to Atlanta for my Church & Community class until Sunday. Then, the weekend after that I am going to Cincinnati to visit my friend Colton and plan our trip across the country.

I am getting very excited about the summer. I can't believe it's only 4 weeks away. It will fly by. Maybe something will come along later this week and I will have some good dough for a blog update.

Until next time, Zach will leave it at that.

Future Prez & VP

No comments: