Thursday, June 5, 2008

Live from Meadville, Pennsylvania

Wow. I've not had a blog since I had LiveJournal back in...I think the 8th grade. The whole point of creating this thing is so that people can keep up with me while I am away this summer. Right now I am at a Bonner conference in Meadville, Pennsylvania. It turned out to be a 9 hour drive from Emory in a mini-van. Nothing against mini-vans...but, ok, I'm against mini-vans.

I'm pretty lost up here. I'm a Bonner Congress rep and I have no clue what is going on. The other three people that came from Emory are in Erie, PA until Saturday doing service, so I'm alone here. I'm a social person but I'm just feeling in-social tonight, so thats why I decided to start the blog. I guess I will learn more tomorrow. We are learning how to use a lot of technologically savvy stuff (Wiki's, RSS feeds, etc.) Don't feel bad. I didn't know what they were either.

Speaking of technology, I have the story for the day. So, on the way back from Tennessee where I visited my Uncle Jeff and his family, me and my posse of cousins stopped at the Bass Pro-Shop in Sevierville. I had been wanting a pair of Sperry's so I decided to buy some. They are Sperry's, but yet they are shoes I can get wet at the same time. They are really cool. Back to my story. Here in my awesome dorm that I'm staying in, I thought we only had internet in the lobby. So, I come to my room to get my laptop during dinner and take it to the lobby to check my email. On the way down, my new Sperry's, which are very slick on the bottom, caused me to fall on the stairs while I was holding my laptop. My laptop took a blow and busted my screen. I was only bruised though. I am still able to see my screen but the right hand side is all screwed up.

Well, I'll go for now. My goal for this...I guess you can call it blog...is to not only let you know about whats going on in my life, but what is my life. I feel a post about my Bonner service coming along really soon. Later!

4 comments:

Nanrocks said...

Hey Babe, This is really neat...Bet you didn't think your old auntie would be the first one to reply did you???????Sorry about your tumble....Just be glad that you didn't get broken.

Love You, Aunt Vic

jendavis said...

Sorry you fell Zach. But I bet it was comical. What the heck are Sperry's.. I've never heard of them. Have fun in PA and I'll see you soon.
Jen Davis

CALICOVAGURL said...

Wow Zach This is a geat way to keep up with you..!!!! have a wonderful summer..! So proud of you!!!!.. The Sperry's will keep you from falling down. lolol. they were originaly deck shoes...SPERRY TOPSIDERS.... go west yong man go west.!!!! and hey. out in cali you'll "FALL" A LOT!.. LOLOL FOR THE PLACE. FOR THE GIRLS. FOR THE SUNSHINE FOR THE OCEAN. :) HAVE FUN!!! XOXOXOOX LOVE YOU CUZAUNT, NANCY

justkris said...

Hey honey, This is so cool. You are becoming a "world-class" traveler. I never know where you are!!! Justin would be jealous that you went to Bass Pro, as that is his FAVORITE store. Have a blast in CALIFORNIA and keep us all updated often.
Love ya, Aunt Kris