Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Apparently, I Like Fire

I apologize for slacking on this lately. Really, nothing worth updating has happened. But, I will provide you with a funny story.

Today, I told my Spanish teacher...in Spanish...that I liked to burn my family and my friends. That is what the subject of this post refers to.

I come home in 6 days! Yes, Ecuador has been a great experience and I have met cool people, learned Spanish, and visited (and will visit) some cool places...but I am ready to get back to the United States. I am not happy with my flight situation on the way back. This may get confusing, so try to follow along:

The American Airlines flight out of Quito that I will take next week is almost always delayed. I have a one hour and 50 minute layover in Miami...which means if the plane is delayed next Tuesday...I will have a short time in Miami. While I am in Miami, I have to go through customs, collect my luggage, recheck my bags, and make my connecting flight in a different terminal. So...everyone hope that my flight from Quito leaves on time and not an hour late as usual. If I miss my flight to Charlotte, I´ll admit...I will cry.

I´m going out with my friends from Clemson tonight. We´ve discovered some neat bars\dance clubs here in Quito and they create for a good time. I´m looking forward to that. Then, this weekend, I am heading to Otavalo...a huge market about 2 hours from the city. It will be a good time as well.

See everyone in...6 days! Yeah!

Until next time, Zach will leave it at that.

No comments: