Thursday, July 2, 2009

Good Times in Santa Cruz

I enjoyed myself last summer. Perhaps, last summer was possibly the best summer I had ever experienced. This summer is starting off in a similar way. First, my cross country trip was one of the best experiences of my life. I got to see so much. Now, I'm enjoying my time working with the kids here at camp.

I have been a bit sore lately. I sprained my ankle somewhere in the midst of my and Colton's 13 mile hike at Big Sur and I am just starting to recover from that. On top of that, my legs are also covered with poison oak and I have a couple blisters on my feet. I am pushing on though.

I have really taken the initiative to get in shape. Day before yesterday, I played Ultimate Frisbee with some of the RAs and then we played Volleyball. Yesterday and today both I woke up around 6AM and took some of the campers running at the track. Yesterday, I ran a mile and today I did 1.5 miles. I am taking the morning off tomorrow to sleep in though.

I am staying super busy here. Sorry I'm not getting to update that much. Once I get caught up on my sleep I will think of some funny stories to tell. Today, one of my kids who speaks Spanish gave me a lesson on Spanish cuss words. Now I know what to look out for!

Until next time, Zach will leave it at that.

No comments: