Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm Sorry/Christmas/Orange Bowl

I know. I'm sorry. I didn't keep to my word and update this thing regularly like I said that would. Everything has been going good. I will give you a rundown of what has been going on.

I ended up with good grades last semester. I got 3 A's, an A-, and a B. I ended up with a 3.7 GPA for the semester, which put me on the Dean's List. I was really excited about that because I had never been on the Dean's List before. I enjoyed all of my classes from last semester. Christmas with the family was good. I didn't get to go home until around the 18th of December, so I didn't have much time for break. I spent Christmas with everyone and then left for Florida on the 28th.

Me, Tarah, Dove, and Jenna went to Blacksburg on the night of December 28th. There, we met Erin and Corey and left for Miami on the 29th. Despite being plagued with kidney stones for part of the ride, it was fun. We made a pitstop in Savannah, Georgia. At the time we stopped, it just so happened that power was out all over the city. It was a coincidence we were there but we did have time to walk around and take a few pictures.

We found what claimed to be the Smallest Church in America. It was a church on a side-road we took to avoid traffic on the interstate. It is tailored for travelers to stop in and worship.


We stayed in Jacksonville with a guy that Erin knew on the night of the 29th. We left Jacksonville on the morning of the 30th and drove on into Miami. Along the way, we stopped in St. Augustine which was a really nice city. We got to our hotel and decided to visit the beach. We went to Ft. Lauderdale beach and then we headed north to Deerfield Beach. There, we met up with my good friends who I worked with in California, Colton and Lance. We hung out on the beach for a couple of hours and then headed back south.
The next day, we woke up and the girls took their sweet time getting ready. We went to what was supposedly the 4th largest mall in America. It was huge! We were there for about 4 hours and didn't even see the whole thing. Once we got back to our hotel, Colton and Lance stopped and picked me up and I spent the evening with them. The crew I went with wanted to go to South Beach for the New Year, but I didn't feel like fighting the crowd, so I went north with Lance and Colton. We hung out on the beach, dug a huge hole, and watched the fireworks. It was a good evening and a relaxing way to spend New Years. Below is a picture of the fireworks from the beach.

On New Year's Day, we got up and checked out of our hotel. We headed to Dania Beach, which was close by, and layed on it for about 3 hours.

We left from there and headed to Dolphin Stadium for the Orange Bowl. The game was a ton of fun. Even though we had very, very high seats, they were right on the 50-yard line with an awesome view.

Three pictures are below. The first is a picture of a sunset at Dolphin Stadium. The second is a picture of the megatron with the Orange Bowl logo. The third is me, Colton, and Lance at the ballgame.


I came back to school on January 5th. We had RA training and stuff and now I'm back into classes. I'm taking four actual classes and an independent study class. Even though my class schedule isn't a lot, I stay busy with all my service work, RA stuff, and other committments.

I'm excited about my Spring Break. As of right now, me and a few other people are planning on flying to Orlando for a few days. It is going to be cheap and it will be fun. I leave for Ecuador on May 11th, return June 9th, and just a couple days later leave to work in California again! It will be an adventurous next few months, but I am looking forward to it.

Until next time, Zach will leave it at that.

No comments: