Sunday, March 29, 2009

Time Flies

I logged on to update my blog and I realized I haven't done so in 12 days. That's wild! It seems like just yesterday my face was as smooth as a baby's bottom. Ok, maybe not that smooth, but it was smooth. I've decided to let my beard grow back. For the first couple days I liked myself without a beard, but I just feel better with facial hair.

The past two weeks have been quite busy. School is going good. The only class I was worried about was my Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality course. We took a midterm in there before Spring Break and we got them back a few days ago. I made a 93! I was very excited considering the average grade was in the mid-70s. I was proud of myself. I may actually be able to pull of straight A's this semester. That will be great.

I went to River's Way this past weekend. It is a camp for mentally and physically challenged young adults and we (students from Emory) go two weekends per semester and spend time with the campers. This weekend's theme was circus. It was quite entertaining. A clown came and performed for all of us. He walked in the room in a jean jacket and jeans, he sat down his boom box, put on circus music, and took off his jean jacket only to reveal a white, sleeveless shirt. For a minute, I thought we had rented a stripper clown but it turned out he was just changing into a clown before our eyes! I had never seen a clown performance in real life so it was pretty entertaining.

I have an extremely busy week ahead of me. Cardboard City takes place all week here on campus. Basically, it is a city built out of cardboard boxes and students sleep in the boxes all week to promote awareness of homelessness issues. I am staying in Cardboard City Tuesday and Thursday nights. It will be hard, but it will show me how much I take for granted having a bed to sleep in every night.

I am running for President of the student body here at Emory & Henry. Starting this Tuesday I and my Vice-President candidate Rachel will begin campaigning for the 2009-2010 school year. I am excited about the opportunity to give back to the campus here at Emory if I become elected, because this school has taught me a lot in my three years here.

I hope everyone has a good week. Until next time, Zach will leave it at that.

No comments: