Friday, March 13, 2009

The Days of a Sunburned Car Collector

I attempted to begin a blog entry last night but I quickly realized that I was too tired to concentrate and type words that made sense.

I am currently on Spring Break in Florida. It has been a ton of fun. I am with seven girls. There were supposed to be two other guys to come, but they bailed and sent me off with seven girls.

We left for Florida on Monday morning from my apartment. After approximately 10 stops, we got down here around 6 or so on Monday evening. We went to Orlando first. I booked a hotel room on Monday night at a Wyndham for $45! It was very nice. We all stayed in one room. We set up an air mattress in the middle of the room and we were good to go.

We checked out of that hotel early on Tuesday. Since it was a resort and it had a super nice pool, we actually laid there around the pool until 3:00. We left then and moved to our other hotel that was about 15 minutes away. The next hotel was the one I got for $13 per night. Well, the name of the hotel had changed. I booked a Quality Inn and we checked into a Continental Plaza. It wasn't the nicest hotel, but the room was clean and that was all that mattered.

Wednesday we went to Universal Studios all day. The lines were short so we visited both parks and got to ride almost all of the rides. It was a fun day. I hadn't been to Universal Studios since 10th grade of high school so it was nice to go again.

We left Orlando around 9:00 yesterday morning. Tarah's mom is the head of collections at a bank in Virginia. So, she had a car down here that a lady wasn't paying for and she needed it repossessed. She overnighted us tags and the paperwork and on our way to Daytona, we showed up at the lady's house and took her car. It was quite intense. She knew her car was getting repossessed but she wasn't expecting us to show up and take it yesterday. She asked for a couple of hours to "clean it out" but we told her she should probably just go ahead and get the stuff out then because we knew she would drive away with it and we wouldn't be able to find it.

After we re-poed her car, we headed onto Daytona Beach. We decided to pay an extra $20 and check into our Super 8 Motel early. So, while we are all in the parking lot, the manager walks by and sees all of us and ends up charging us $80 extra because we have 4 people in each room as opposed to 2 people. It is nuts considering we have 2 beds in each room! I feel like I am currently staying in a prison. Tarah went down to get towels a few minutes ago and the manager told her that our room was using too many towels. What the hell? This is a hotel and we already paid extra money for us to stay in a room so why does it matter how many towels we use?? It is nuts. Even though it is a tight ship, it is definitely the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in.

I am sunburned. I thought I put on enough sunscreen but obviously I didn't. My junior year of college will be over soon. I can't wait for the summer. Ecuador, cross-country road trip, Santa Cruz...it will be great.

Until next time (and I'm back in Virginia), Zach will leave it at that.

No comments: