Sunday, February 15, 2009

All in All It's Just Another Day Now

The past week of my life has been relatively uneventful. I suppose that I can pull a couple of good stories out of somewhere.

I am the president of the Residence Hall Association here at Emory & Henry. Basically, for those of you who aren't familiar, RHA serves as an organization to improve life in the residence halls here at the college. We will do little things to improve the halls (buy dishes, fix volleyball courts, buy dry erase boards, etc.) and we also do programs on campus (The Roommate Game, Indoor Soccer, etc.). Each year, there is a state wide RHA conference for all RHAs across the state of Virginia. This year, I was quite excited because the conference was at UVa-Wise, which is in my neck of the woods. These conferences are always a ton of fun because everyone that attends them is borderline insane (including me I guess!) We had fun at the conference though. Below is a picture of the people who went with us.

All of my classes are going well. I had my first test of the year on Friday! It was in Urban Geography. I really like that class because all we do is talk about different cities. It is very interesting. Hopefully, I pulled off a 1oo on the test. I think I did pretty darn good. I don't want to get my hopes up and jynx myself though!

I've been on duty all weekend here at Emory. Basically, that entails being required to sit around and do nothing. Even though I don't mind being on duty for my RA job, I do wish more stuff would happen so it would give me something to do. Especially on the weekends. Weekend duty can be rather boring.

I've spent a lot of time lately thinking about what I'm going to do after graduation. Even though I still have over a year before I graduate from college, I need to go ahead and start planning. I've spent a lot of my time looking into the Peace Corps. I think it would be a life changing experience. From what I've read, I have all the qualifications necessary to enter. It is recommended that one apply 9-12 months in advance. That means that I should apply this summer. I could go ahead and fill out an application now, but I feel like I should wait until I return from Ecuador. If I wait until then, I will have a lot more experiences that I will be able to talk about in my application.

I need to write papers. I've spent a lot of my time lately thinking about this summer. Less than three months until I leave for Ecuador! That is hard to believe. My time here at Emory is flying by. Before I know it, I will no longer be here at Emory but somewhere else in the world enjoying myself. Goodnight, everyone. I'll leave you with a beautiful sunset picture I took in Wise last Saturday. I like Appalachian sunsets. I will miss them while I'm gone.


Until next time, Zach will leave it at that.

No comments: