Friday, February 20, 2009

"I Go Commando"

Yes...I'm sure the title of my post may throw you off. Here is the reason for the title: I am currently sitting in my grandpa's living room outside of Washington, DC, and we are watching the Maury Povich show. There is a lady who is blaming her husband for cheating on her because she found a pair of panties in his back seat. She said, "I know they ain't my panties because for one, they're two sizes two small, and two, I go commando!" I thought it was quite funny.

Me and my dad left Emory around 11:30 yesterday to head up here to Washington, DC. We had a good trip up. The wind was outrageous. It was hard at times to keep the truck in the lane on the interstate because the wind was blowing so badly. We hit some traffic going around Washington and finally got here around 5:15.

We didn't d0 anything yesterday evening. We got dinner from a little carry-out place down the road and just hung out and talked. It was good times. This morning we got up and watched a family reunion tape. After that we got ready and went and ate a buffet. I haven't eaten at a big buffet in a long time. They are interesting. One of my favorite things to do is to sit and watch people and I have come to the conclusion that giant buffets are the best place to do this. I think you actually find more of a variety of people to watch at a buffet than you do at Wal-Mart, which could possibly be one of the best places on earth to people watch. If you need any recommendations for where to people watch, let me know. I have a list of good places to recommend.

After we ate at the buffet we stopped and bought some raw oysters (disgusting, I know) and then came back here to Poppaw's. It is nice to skip class today. I needed a break and I needed away from Emory for a few days. We are going into the district (Washington, DC) tomorrow and going around for a while. I haven't been into the district in a few years. I'd like to hit up the Holocaust Museum while we are down there. I will take pictures, and they will be up shortly.

Until next time, Zach will leave it at that.

No comments: