Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dang, Decieving Sun

Ok. The sun out here is crazy. I would say it's about the same brightness as in Virginia, but it will burn you about 5 times faster. Me and some of the other RAs went to the pool yesterday and I can now be declared a lobster. I'm burned to a crisp...minus my arms and face; the only two places I put on sunscreen.

The past couple days have been good. Activities are going good. On Monday I did Bingo. Tuesday, another RA organized an activity called, "How to talk to boys" in which girls got to come and ask me and another guy questions on how they should talk to boys. The questions consisted of, "how do I get a guy to notice me?", "what do you consider attractive in a girl?", "is it ok for a girl to ask out a guy?", and other random questions. I found it quite comical. Yesterday, I went banana slug hunting with a group of kids. The Banana Slugs is the mascot for the Univeristy of California here in Santa Cruz. We didn't find any banana slugs, but I did teach the kids the banana slug mating call...haha. It was something like "mur-mur-murrr." It's really hard to explain. I'll teach everyone when I get back to Virginia.

There is a ton of wildlife on this campus. I usually don't go a day without seeing a deer or two. I always see raccoons. There are also a ton of squirrels...and the occasional skunk. I try to steer away from those though.

I have come to the conclusion that it is unnecessary for me to wake up at 6am. I now shower of the night and wake up at 7 instead. Therefore I can get an extra hour of sleep. I have begun to read "Into the Wild." It is a really good book and I want to watch the movie after I get done reading the book.

Hope everyone has a great day. Until next time, Zach will leave it at that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well hopefully there are skunks that follow you around campus- i assume there arent since i havent had the nervous phone call like i got when you were at emory! I miss you and love you lots!
P.S. I can't wait to hear what you said to the "ask a boy a question"
LOVE! Dana