Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Days Gone By

Just to let you know, there is also a new post right below this one with a few pics from my day off today. My birthday was great yesterday! Mail travels really slow out here so if I haven't called to thank you for your card, I will when I get it. It takes a while to get to me once it gets on campus.

The awesome RAs that I work with threw me a suprise birthday party yesterday afternoon. I thought that I was going to "play whiffleball," but instead, a suprise party was waiting on me. It was fun. I swear I couldn't ask for a better group of people to be working with this summer. They are all awesome and I appreciate every single one of them. It will be hard leaving in August after making such great friends. I'll put up a few pics of my birthday party when someone gives them to me.

Today was my day off. I started by sleeping in...whooo. Did that feel good. I slept until 9:45 then layed in the bed for a while in the peace and quiet. I went to the office around 11:30 and the mail had run with a birthday card plus I got my paycheck. I left right after that to go to town. The strike is still going on. It was so confusing trying to get a campus bus to the entrance of campus. Once I finally got there after about 30 minutes, I had to walk across the picket line which was blocking the entrance to campus and catch a city bus into town. I walked down Pacific Ave for a while then went to the wharf and to the beach. The weather was so nice today. I layed on the beach for about an hour. It was good to relax.

Every once in a while we have a TA/RA soiree...or just a time for the teaching assistants and RAs to get together. Tonight, we are playing whiffleball and having a bar-b-que. The RAs team name is the Wookies. We are quite a team! I am going to lead our team to victory just like I led the RA team to intramural victory at Emory...haha.

Hope everything is great on the east coast! Just a few more weeks and I'll be home. Until next time, Zach will leave it at that.

2 comments:

Nanrocks said...

Hey Babe, Glad you had a good day off...sounds like you enjoyed yourself..The Beach looks really pretty....Surpise Bday party was good......Miss you & Love You

Anonymous said...

Hey Son,
The pics are beautiful.. Glad U had a good Bday..I miss you.. Love U, Mom