Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Good Morning

Good morning everyone. I figured I would update this since I had a little bit of extra time. I've been trying to wake up at 6:00 every morning to get ready before the kids wake up. I make sure they are all awake at 7:15 then we leave for breakfast at 7:45.

The past couple of days have been good. I am responsible for leading a daily activity which lasts only one day and a weekly activity which is the same activity everyday of the week. Since the schedule had been a little hectic, we just started activities yesterday. My daily activity was hiking. Night before last, my boss and some other RAs went on a hike and found a nice trail to walk the kids on. There is this one place back in the woods where there is a bench and then there is a cutout in the trees for the ocean and Santa Cruz. It is amazing. Anyway, we went hiking and then my weekly activity is wiffleball.

First of all, you need to remember that my wiffleball team at Emory is the intramural wiffleball champions. My team didn't do bad yesterday either. All the people that I work with are awesome. We were talking yesterday that it's so weird that we all got interviewed over the phone and got hired and we are all normal and all get along just fine. I am on the dance committee for this week. We are having an 80s themed dance on Friday. We let all the kids request some songs that they want to hear. We got around 5 pages of requests. Some of them we can't play though, such as "Sensual Seduction," "She Got a Donk," and "Some Kind of Bush" by Booty Love. I didn't know what "She Got a Donk" meant until someone explained it to me, but apparently it means the girl has a large posterior.

Well everyone, I am going to to leave you with some pictures. There is a perfect view of the Monterey Bay and the Pacific Ocean from the athletic fields and the other day the fog had cleared away so we could see. Hope you enjoy.

Until next time, Zach will leave it at that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE THINGS ARE GREAT....I'M GLAD YOU MADE IT AND YOU LIKE IT...BEEN THINKING ABOUT YOU BUT DIDN'TKNOW WHEN IS A GOOD TIME TO CALL...I LOVE THE BLOG..WE WILL MISS YOU THIS WEEKEND..I LOVE YOU AND TALK TO YOU SOON
MISTI

Nanrocks said...

Hey Babe, I get on computer every morning to see if you have added anything.....Have fun dancing and entertaining the kids....We will miss you this week end,and I know you will be missing us too. Love

LeRae said...

I love that you have a banned list for the dance. Free speech! When was "Like a Virgin" recorded. Maybe that should be added to the list! Miss you!

LeRae