Sunday, July 13, 2008

derelicte

Hey everyone! Cali is good. No complaints...other than this. Our luck: the employees of the University of California at Santa Cruz are going on strike beginning on Monday. So, that means that we have to walk an extra 5 minutes or so to eat at a different dining hall. Also, the housecleaning crew will only be cleaning every other day. You can imagine how that is going to turn out when you live with a hall full of 13-14 year olds. I gave them a speech tonight on how they should work extra hard to keep the hall clean.
Last night we had a derelicte themed dance. I had to design an outfit out of garbage bags. It was fun. I think that the dances are one of my favorite parts of CTY. We all have fun. Last week was our 80s dance.

Today was good. For the activity, we sort of had a carnival I guess. We played games and the students earned tickets for pies in the face, slushies, fun stuff. I've never played soccer in my life, but I had to play goalie today for the first time. We did soccer shots as an activity so the kids would earn tickets if they could get the ball past me. It was fun. Slightly painful sometimes though.

I'm going to San Francisco on Friday. A few of us RAs are leaving on Friday afternoon and coming back Saturday night. I am really excited because I heard that San Francisco was something that I needed to see while I was out here. I'll be sure to post pictures.

Hope everything is great everywhere! I miss everyone! Until next time, Zach will leave it at that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you make me one of those cool outfits?

Anonymous said...

Zach, when I saw this picture, I was afraid that you were really at flamenco dance school for the summer! You say you made an outfit out of garbage bags, but I can see your castanets back in the corner! JK!
Your precious Crossroads Medical Mission newsletter was returned to us because we sent it to your E&H PO Box. Any suggestions?

LeRae said...

On Project Runway last night they also made outfits of trash bags and other things found in a grocery store. You could be a famous designer!

--LeRae

Anonymous said...

Hey Zach!
It looks like you are having the time of your life. I received a call from your Mom this evening. She's a pretty wonderful person and is so proud of you!

I hope all the years spent in Upward Bound have served you well as an RA! Tried the Human Knot with you kids yet?

I'm so pleased that you are stepping out and doing great things. I love the Blog!

Take care, belated happy birthday, and know that we are very proud of you!

Karen Hudson