Sunday, May 3, 2009

One Week

I can remember updating this blog several months ago and telling you how I was going to Ecuador in May. Now, I can't believe it is only one week away. That is simply hard to believe.

This year has flown by. I can't believe I will be a senior next year. Everyone keeps asking me what I want to do after graduation. I don't know. That is a year away. My advisor and I had a good talk the other day and he brought it to my attention that I worry about the future way too much. I just need to chill and not worry. I have big plans for the summer, and I need to focus on those instead of worrying what I'm going to be doing a year from now.

My interests have changed somewhat over the past year, so it's hard telling what I will want to do a year from now. I'll just go where the wind blows me...although at this time it seems to be blowing me towards the Peace Corps. It is very enticing. But, I'm not worried about that right now.

I leave for Ecuador next Sunday. Dad is taking me to Charlotte and we're spending Sunday night and then my plane leaves at 10:15 on Monday morning. My Spanish has made a little bit of progress. Even though I can speak Spanish un poco (a little), I think I will just tell people down there that I can't speak it. Because technically, I can't. That's the whole reason I'm going to Ecuador...to learn Spanish. I feel like it is better for me to go down there with a small knowledge instead of trying to teach myself and learning it wrong.

I'm still debating on whether or not to take my laptop. I don't think I would use it. I definitely won't be carrying it around because there is a chance I could get mugged and I wouldn't want to lose my laptop! I will probably just find a cozy little internet cafe somewhere around where I live where I can go and sip coffee, update my blog, and email everyone.

I'm excited, yet anxious at the same time about this next adventure in my life. I've never been out of the country, and I'm going by myself! It will be interesting. I will update again before I leave.

Until next time, Zach will leave it at that.

No comments: